Nina Simone Film Starring Mary J. Blige Finalized

Yay, the Nina Simone biopic is finally underway after a long delay. The film will star singer Mary J. Blige who will play the role of the jazz legend in the midst of her relationship with assistant Clifton Henderson.

Written by Cynthia Mort, the movie has actually been put off for years and just last year, it was sold, financed, and will begin shooting in the fall.

“I’m definitely still doing it and I’m in acting classes for it now. We start shooting at the end of the month!” the singer told BET.com.

Blige is also busy with the film “Rock of Ages” starring alongside Tom Cruise and Alec Baldwin.

“I’m playing Justice Charlier, a gentleman’s club owner. I’m having so much fun preparing for it, and I know Tom. I love Tom. He just really wants the best for everybody.”

Comments