Enchanted Closet and Ne-Yo's Compound Foundation: Leveling the Playing Field

The Enchanted Closet selected two college bound students from a local foster care as recipients of care packages for college. Each young lady was treated to lunch, a flash mentoring session, and a care package to for school. Nyasha and Eshontee were very appreciative and they fought back the tears as they viewed each item. Each young lady said, "...this is exactly what I needed."One even said, "I did not know my life would play out like this. The Enchanted Closet girls' programs helped me to see that my past does not dictate my future, but this is so overwhelming."

Both students start college this fall and of the two, Eshontee is a recipient of an annual $10,000 scholarship from R&B superstar Ne-Yo's Compound Foundation which focuses on "leveling the playing field" for young people in foster care. 



Nyasha and Enchanted Closet Student Ambassador Rachael Howard, a sophomore at Tuskegee University. Rachael flash mentored Nyasha and answered her questions about college.
Bonita and Eshontee after shopping for clothes and having lunch.

Comments