|By: Ivy Jacobson for TheKnot.com|
The Real Housewives of Atlanta star Kandi Burruss never does anything halfway, so when she and longtime boyfriend Todd Tucker got married on April 4, their wedding was a seriously glamorous affair - complete with a $20,000 wedding dress!
"The whole thing was like a fairy tale!" Kandi told In Touch. "This is one of the best days of my life. And to have just had the wedding of my dreams, it's all been so beautiful. Now it's time to party!"
Here are the five most important things you need to know from the reality star's lavish wedding:
1. The wedding took place in Atlanta (where else?) at the Le Fais Do-Do event space with 300 guests present.
2. Kandi's wedding dress was a $20,000 custom-made Reco Chapple gown with a 12-foot train of feathers. To make an even bigger splash, Kandi emerged from a wall made of ostrich feathers before she walked down the aisle!
3. Kandi may not be the most punctual bride ever, since the ceremony was held five hours after it was supposed to, pushing dinner to midnight, according to E! We hope she had hors d' oeuvres for her guests!
4. Kandi had a star-studded bridal party that included rapper T.I.'s wife, Tameka Harris, Fantasia Barrino, Love & Hip Hop Atlanta star Rasheeda Frost, and RHOA's Phaedra Parks and Joyce Dallas - and they all wore white!
5. When dinner was eventually served, it was worth the wait, since shrimp, steak, stuffed crab and cupcakes were on the menu.