Review: Like A Boss

Salma Hayek, Rose Byrne, and Tiffany Haddish in Like a Boss (2020)



Last night I attended a special screening of 'Like A Boss' during the Girls Night Out event at the Studio Movie Grill in Marietta.

Walking in the door, we were greeted with name embossed hand mirrors and faux boss red lipsticks. I had a chance to sit at the bar and enjoy the energy of the crowd before heading to my theatre and finding my seat. Once the movie started, it was perfect and non-stop comedic timing with Tiffany Haddish, Rose Byrne, and Salma Hayek Pinault! At times I didn't hear the dialogue because of the screams of laughter in the crowd. In addition to our headlining trio, 'Like A Boss' did not disappoint with the supporting colorful antics of veteran actress Jennifer Coolidge and Billy Porter. I shed tears of laughter and my heart was full as the whole point of the movie is the unwavering show of support of best friends. 

Best friends Mia and Mel (Tiffany Haddish and Rose Byrne) are living their best lives running their own cosmetics company. However, the bills have piled up and the prospect of a big buyout offer from a notorious titan of the cosmetics industry Claire Luna (Salma Hayek) proves too tempting to pass up, putting Mel and Mia’s lifelong friendship in jeopardy. The beauty business gets lit in 'Like A Boss'!

 

Comments