Michael Vick Taking Dog Training Classes?

(l to r) Angel, Michael Vick, Unknown PetSmart dog trainer
So let's just be clear. This is my blog and I often assert my own opinion to news topics that I feel compelled to. That being said, allowing Michael Vick to own another animal to me is fodder for something to go wrong....again.

There is a story on Yahoo! about Michael taking dog-training classes that just doesn't sit or stay with me. I believe in redemption and second chances and Michael got his when he got out and was allowed to earn a living again with the NFL. Owning a dog however is another thing altogether. It's just not a good idea. We all remember Michael was prisoned on charges related to illegal dog fighting.

Philly sports blog Crossing Broad caught up with Michael Vick at a New Jersey PetSmart retail store taking training classes with his Belgian Malinois (seen pictured) dog named Angel who seems to need a bit more practice. Angel isn't quite sitting during this photo.
In a statement last fall, Michael addressed the enthused about his choice to own another pet.

I understand the strong emotions by some people about our family's decision to care for a pet. As a father, it is important to make sure my children develop a healthy relationship with animals.
I want to ensure that my children establish a loving bond and treat all of God's creatures with kindness and respect. Our pet is well cared for and loved as a member of our family.
This is an opportunity to break the cycle. To that end, I will continue to honor my commitment to animal welfare and be an instrument of positive change.

What's your take?

Comments