Twenty years ago, Diddy introduced a hot new R&B act with the vocal ability to dominate rhythm and blues while simultaneously complimenting hip hop. The group consisted of Quinnes 'Q' Parker, Michael Keith, Marvin “Slim” Scandrick and Daron Jones also known as 112. The group’s first single “Only You” featuring the late great Biggie Smalls was the perfect introduction to solidify the groups ascension into R&B royalty and they followed up with hit after hit for years to come. Now after eleven years with no studio album and six years of touring, 112 has a brand new album titled, “Q Mike Slim Daron”. The heavily anticipated album is being celebrated with a 112 Takeover week in the group’s hometown of Atlanta, GA.
- Monday, October 23rd press conference,
- Tuesday, the guys will be hosting a private listening session for music tastemakers and colleagues.
- Thursday they'll host an exclusive Magic Master Class focused on music with the students at South Atlanta high school.
- Later on Thursday, 112 will celebrate the new project with a cover and album release party at Club Alibi.
- Friday, October 25th marks the official physical and digital album release, making the new album available worldwide.
- The takeover week culminates in a FREE city wide community fair and concert at South Atlanta High School that is open to the public. The fair will provide vendor booths, family friendly activities and food trucks, additional performances by local acts with a close-out performance by 112.
- The week ends on Sunday with a celebratory brunch and soul session later that night at Opium.
“Q Mike Slim Daron” is the first release for the group after an eleven-year hiatus but all four members have had the opportunity to work on personal projects and endeavors over the past years. “I think that’s what makes this so special coming back after we’ve all done our own thing and had different levels of success but, we all realize that the true magic is with the four of us together,” Q says.